I quit working out and why It was the BEST decision ever.
And a couple other shifts I made to get to a more peaceful space.
- YES. I stopped working out and it was one of the BEST decisions. WAIT. Hear me out. I still believe in fitness 100%. HOWEVER, I personally was a fitness FANATIC (obsessive) for so many years all for the wrong reason. The last two years I gave myself a break. A rest. I actually gave myself permission to take a fitness hiatus. It’s important to be in an emotional and spiritually accepting headspace for that (at least for me). It has allowed me to “be still” more and to listen to my heart. I’m not saying I will never get back in to it but definitely not in the same form as before. I love Walks and Hikes and I do love activity like kickboxing and sometimes weight lifting - When I’m ready I will know. It needs to be Fun and enjoyable for me at this stage of the game!
2. I stopped trying to please EVER.Y.ONE:#retiredpeoplepleaser Anyone else? Even as a kid I remember giving away my things to “friends” to keep people happy. For years I didn’t even know that being a “people pleaser” was a thing! Being True to who I really am is critical to MY happiness! Doing things that inspire ME, Things that I love. Things that make ME happy. I think it needs to be taught in schools!
I hope these gave you some inspiration on some ways that you can also get to such a beautiful and peaceful place!! I have a small community on FB all about encouraging others to Use their Voice and to Be True to who they are… If you’d be interested click this link and we can get you in!!
“A Good Book is an Event in My Life..”
Oh my gosh do I LOVE books!!!
I always have every since I was a little girl. I did a post the other day reminiscing on how I used to look forward to the Scholastic Book orders and one of my favorite book series was Sweet Valley High. I also really like the Laura Ingalls Wilder series, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys mysteries were fun!
We used to go downtown Holland a couple times a month… My mom was a book lover too! I can still smell the place! I will admit that I have books in my book case that I have not read yet but I treasure them just the same!
My taste in books has changed though, I graduated from the Sweet Valley High Series, took a few years off from reading when the kids were little and then when I get started on this journey I was opened up to a whole new genre of book!
Oh my GOSH. Over the last 10 years I’ve read so many titles of personal development I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you!!
Keep in mind that most of these are not cover to cover reads but more study and research kind. Some of them have exercises to work through and some of them just need to be taken in bits and pieces. Regardless they are all great titles!
There is a lot of Mindset work titles, Finance titles, a wellness title in the list - I will share more as I compile them!
DISCLAIMER: These links are using my Amazon affiliate link generator. Just so you are aware!!
This book has been so eye opening for me! I have had mine for over a year a a half and I'm still learning a lot about Conscious Language and how important our Speech and Internal Dialogue really IS! Scripture says "Life and Death is in the power of the tongue.." If you are interested in learning more about Specificity in your words and language and how to upgrade those... this is a great resource!!
Short link: https://amzn.to/3aBEr2H
Back To School - Home School - UnSchool???
What do we DO???
Getting kids ready to head back to school is a stressful and busy time of year as it is. Add something like a pandemic to it….I feel for you parents right now I really do.
Weighing all the options.
Pros and Cons of each one.
Then getting the kids input in as well….of course as parents your Childs safety and well being is your TOP concern when making the decision. There are so so so many varying arguments out there it’s nearly impossible to keep them all straight.
Of course there are opinions from friends and family members too regardless if they have kids possibly going back through those school doors. The only one that knows what is best for your kids…. Is YOU.
You will have to have some challenging conversations within your household (if the kids are old enough to have input), you will have to ask yourself some extremely difficult questions, and pray for Clarity and direction!
A couple suggestions that might help ease them back IN to the school setting and ease some of the HIGH emotions that surely are going to come with it this go around.
+Some emotionally supportive essential oils. (see image of our Kids collection)
+A good multivitamin
+Extra Vitamin C for immune support
+A good enzyme supplement
+A cool water bottle (and maybe some electrolyte drops for flavor and a boost)
I’m voting VICTORY for you parents I really am! And for the teachers as well. There is nothing about this situation that is going to be easy on you…
Isaiah 41:10 Bible Verse Sign | So do not Fear, for I am with You; do not be dismayed, for I am Your God. I Will Strengthen You and Help You; I Will Uphold You with My Righteous Right Hand.
Skincare. Let me first start by saying that I am about 80/20 on consistency with it. Some days I honestly forget and go to bed without having washed my face. #notperfect. And second: Is the skincare routine you are using right for you?? Let’s find out!
First Things First: Know Your Skin Type
When looking at all the options, it is important to know your skin type so you can select the appropriate products.
- Dry skin produces less sebum, which can leave skin feeling rough, flaky, and dull. It may also feel tight and even itch or crack.
- Oily skin produces an abundance of sebum and is shiny and feels greasy, often with enlarged pores. Those with oily skin tend to be more acne-prone.
- Combination skin has patches of dry skin and oily skin. Typically, the T-zone (chin, nose and forehead) are oilier than the rest of the face.
- Normal skin is balanced and smooth with few blemishes.
- Sensitive skin may sting, burn, or itch when products are applied. Fragrances and certain chemicals are particularly irritating to sensitive skin.
- Aging skin begins to lose its elasticity and may hang more loosely and become thinner and fragile. It is also more prone to discolorations and bruising.
This info from Lindsey Elmore that I did not know:
Order Is Important
When it comes to a skin care routine, order is important. Our skin does an excellent job of keeping things out, so only a small amount of what you apply will actually penetrate to deeper layers. If you don’t apply products in the correct order, you won’t see the best results from whatever regimen you choose.
In general, apply products with the thinnest consistency first. You also want to first use the products with ingredients that are most important to penetrate into the skin, such as antioxidants in serums. Finish with thicker, heavier products that need to sit on top of the skin, like emollients and humectants in moisturizers.
Always start with a cleanser. Pat your face dry and apply a toner. Toner is important for balancing pH. Next, apply antioxidant serum and/or eye cream. Then apply any other treatments, such as acne cream, anti-aging serum, etc. Finally, finish with a moisturizer. Many women prefer a lighter moisturizer during the day and a more intensive moisturizer at night. In the morning, it is wise to follow the moisturizer with a layer of sunscreen.
Unless you are in a hurry, it is a good idea to allow each layer to penetrate for a few minutes before applying the next one. And ideally, you would wait 20-30 minutes before applying make up. But I know most women don’t have the luxury of spending up to an hour on their daily skin care process. If that’s you, just apply each layer and you will be fine.
Pick Your Skin Care Regimen
Everyone’s skin is unique. Selecting the perfect skin care routine is individual to each person. The guidelines below are just a few suggestions of where to begin if you are trying to decide the best products for you. Find what you like and what works for you and stick with it. Fortunately all of the Young Living products are free from chemical irritants and are suitable for sensitive skin.
Young Living has several amazing lines AND our new BLOOM brightening skincare line!!
It’s loaded with hyaluronic acid and incredible for brightening your skin, lightening age spots and sun damage, and hydrating like CRAZY!!!
And OF COURSE... totally nontoxic.
+ no formaldehyde (dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea)
+ no sls
+ no pegs
+ no hydroquinone (a toxin used for skin lightening)
+ no phthalates
+ no petroleum or mineral oil
Truly. Clean. Beauty. 🙌🏼🙌🏼