Skincare. Let me first start by saying that I am about 80/20 on consistency with it. Some days I honestly forget and go to bed without having washed my face. #notperfect. And second: Is the skincare routine you are using right for you?? Let’s find out!
First Things First: Know Your Skin Type
When looking at all the options, it is important to know your skin type so you can select the appropriate products.
- Dry skin produces less sebum, which can leave skin feeling rough, flaky, and dull. It may also feel tight and even itch or crack.
- Oily skin produces an abundance of sebum and is shiny and feels greasy, often with enlarged pores. Those with oily skin tend to be more acne-prone.
- Combination skin has patches of dry skin and oily skin. Typically, the T-zone (chin, nose and forehead) are oilier than the rest of the face.
- Normal skin is balanced and smooth with few blemishes.
- Sensitive skin may sting, burn, or itch when products are applied. Fragrances and certain chemicals are particularly irritating to sensitive skin.
- Aging skin begins to lose its elasticity and may hang more loosely and become thinner and fragile. It is also more prone to discolorations and bruising.
This info from Lindsey Elmore that I did not know:
Order Is Important
When it comes to a skin care routine, order is important. Our skin does an excellent job of keeping things out, so only a small amount of what you apply will actually penetrate to deeper layers. If you don’t apply products in the correct order, you won’t see the best results from whatever regimen you choose.
In general, apply products with the thinnest consistency first. You also want to first use the products with ingredients that are most important to penetrate into the skin, such as antioxidants in serums. Finish with thicker, heavier products that need to sit on top of the skin, like emollients and humectants in moisturizers.
Always start with a cleanser. Pat your face dry and apply a toner. Toner is important for balancing pH. Next, apply antioxidant serum and/or eye cream. Then apply any other treatments, such as acne cream, anti-aging serum, etc. Finally, finish with a moisturizer. Many women prefer a lighter moisturizer during the day and a more intensive moisturizer at night. In the morning, it is wise to follow the moisturizer with a layer of sunscreen.
Unless you are in a hurry, it is a good idea to allow each layer to penetrate for a few minutes before applying the next one. And ideally, you would wait 20-30 minutes before applying make up. But I know most women don’t have the luxury of spending up to an hour on their daily skin care process. If that’s you, just apply each layer and you will be fine.
Pick Your Skin Care Regimen
Everyone’s skin is unique. Selecting the perfect skin care routine is individual to each person. The guidelines below are just a few suggestions of where to begin if you are trying to decide the best products for you. Find what you like and what works for you and stick with it. Fortunately all of the Young Living products are free from chemical irritants and are suitable for sensitive skin.
Young Living has several amazing lines AND our new BLOOM brightening skincare line!!
It’s loaded with hyaluronic acid and incredible for brightening your skin, lightening age spots and sun damage, and hydrating like CRAZY!!!
And OF COURSE... totally nontoxic.
+ no formaldehyde (dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea)
+ no sls
+ no pegs
+ no hydroquinone (a toxin used for skin lightening)
+ no phthalates
+ no petroleum or mineral oil
Truly. Clean. Beauty. 🙌🏼🙌🏼